Based on MoDOT's ongoing traffic studies, the single-lane configuration is handling traffic well. In order to reduce driver confusion and improve safety, the intersection will remain in its current one-lane configuration until the week of July 28. This will allow contractor crews time to apply permanent lane striping before opening the second lane.
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
- Build two-lane roundabout at Route 171/Route 43 intersection in Airport Drive
- Widen Route 171 to five-lanes (two lanes in each direction with a center turn lane) between Route 43 to just east of Fir Road
- Prime Contractor: APAC, Springfield
- Completion Date: August 28, 2014
- Construction Cost: $2.6 million
Navigating a Roundabout
RATE OUR WORK ZONE
For more information, call MoDOT at 417-895-7600 or visit modot.org/southwest.
Follow MoDOT's Southwest District:
- Facebook: MoDOT.Southwest
- Twitter: MoDOT_Southwest
- Google+: +MoDOT/Southwest District