The new interchange at Routes B/VV at Route 60 is open. The second interchange at Farm Road 247 is set to open on August 9. At the same time, the Business 60 at Route 60 intersection will CLOSE permanently and the traffic signal will be removed. Drivers will use the new interchange at Farm Road 247 along with new connector roads to reach their destinations in the area. The Project Freeway: U.S. 60 Rogersville is on schedule to be completed the fall of 2016.
The project which runs between Greene County Farm Road 241 west of Rogersville and Peck Hollow Road east of Rogersville will make Route 60 a safer roadway with improved connectivity for the Rogersville community. It also is another step toward eliminating all "at-grade" intersections along Route 60 between Springfield and Rogersville, a long term goal of MoDOT and communities along the corridor.
Build an interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 253
Build an interchange at Route 60 and Routes B/VV -- COMPLETED
Build a modified interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 247 -- COMPLETED
Build two-way backage roads with one-way outer road
Widen Farm Road 253 between Route 60 and Center Street
Reconfigure intersection of Route VV and Redbud Street -- COMPLETED
Improve the intersection of Route VV and Johnstown Drive
Add turn lanes on Route 60 at Chicory Road and at Peck Hollow Road -- COMPLETED
The project is being designed and built by Ozark Regional Road Constructors (ORRC) which is a team of engineering and construction companies:
Radmacher Brothers Excavating Company, Inc. -- Pleasant Hill, MO
Reynolds, Smith & Hills, Inc. -- Jacksonville, FL
CFS Engineers -- Kansas City, MO
Palmerton & Parrish, Inc. -- Springfield, MO
TREKK Design Group, LLC -- Kansas City, MO
Hg Consult, Inc. -- Kansas City, MO
Fall 2013 -- The district prepares request for qualifications and request for proposal documents.
December 2, 2013 -- An informational meeting for potential design-build teams interested in the project held.
January through April 2014 -- Evaluation process for design-build teams and their proposals.
June 2014 -- Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awards contract.
August 2014 -- A design public meeting will be scheduled.
September 2014 -- Construction begins on the project.
December 2016 -- Project is completed.
1. Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $35 million.
2. Convert U.S. 60 into a freeway between County Road 241 on the west and near Chicory Road on the east, providing two points of controlled access to U.S. 60 in the vicinity of Greene County Farm Road 253 and Webster County Route B/VV.
3. Engage stakeholders and the community to develop and deliver the project while minimizing impacts.
4. Impress our customers through innovative traffic control solutions that conveniently, efficiently and safely move drivers through the project during and after construction.
5. Create a new model for purchasing right-of-way on a design-build project.