The new interchange at Routes B/VV at Route 60 is open. The second interchange at Farm Road 247 opened August 9. At the same time, the Business 60 at Route 60 intersection CLOSED permanently. On Wednesday, Sept. 21, the east half of the Farm Road 253 interchange opened to traffic. The rest of the interchange should open sometime in October 2016.
The Project Freeway: U.S. 60 Rogersville is on schedule to be completed the fall of 2016.
The project which runs between Greene County Farm Road 241 west of Rogersville and Peck Hollow Road east of Rogersville will make Route 60 a safer roadway with improved connectivity for the Rogersville community. It also is another step toward eliminating all "at-grade" intersections along Route 60 between Springfield and Rogersville, a long term goal of MoDOT and communities along the corridor.
Build an interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 253
Build an interchange at Route 60 and Routes B/VV -- COMPLETED
Build a modified interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 247 -- COMPLETED
Build two-way backage roads with one-way outer road -- COMPLETED
Widen Farm Road 253 between Route 60 and Center Street -- COMPLETED
Reconfigure intersection of Route VV and Redbud Street -- COMPLETED
Add center turn lane on Route VV south of Route 60 -- COMPLETED
Improve the intersection of Route VV and Johnstown Drive -- COMPLETED
Add turn lanes on Route 60 at Chicory Road and at Peck Hollow Road -- COMPLETED
The project is being designed and built by Ozark Regional Road Constructors (ORRC) which is a team of engineering and construction companies:
Radmacher Brothers Excavating Company, Inc. -- Pleasant Hill, MO
Reynolds, Smith & Hills, Inc. -- Jacksonville, FL
CFS Engineers -- Kansas City, MO
Palmerton & Parrish, Inc. -- Springfield, MO
TREKK Design Group, LLC -- Kansas City, MO
Hg Consult, Inc. -- Kansas City, MO
Fall 2013 -- The district prepares request for qualifications and request for proposal documents.
December 2, 2013 -- An informational meeting for potential design-build teams interested in the project held.
January through April 2014 -- Evaluation process for design-build teams and their proposals.
June 2014 -- Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awards contract.
August 2014 -- A design public meeting will be scheduled.
September 2014 -- Construction begins on the project.
December 2016 -- Project is completed.
1. Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $35 million.
2. Convert U.S. 60 into a freeway between County Road 241 on the west and near Chicory Road on the east, providing two points of controlled access to U.S. 60 in the vicinity of Greene County Farm Road 253 and Webster County Route B/VV.
3. Engage stakeholders and the community to develop and deliver the project while minimizing impacts.
4. Impress our customers through innovative traffic control solutions that conveniently, efficiently and safely move drivers through the project during and after construction.
5. Create a new model for purchasing right-of-way on a design-build project.