Project map (PDF)
Construction: Built in phases beginning in 2014
- Close outer roads on both sides of Campbell Avenue at Plainview Road and extend Market Avenue on the west side of Campbell Avenue to intersect Plainview Road. Drivers will access businesses along the west side of Campbell Avenue from Market Avenue.
- Extend three-laning of Campbell Avenue through Plainview Road intersection to the south 800 feet
- Add new right turn lane for southbound Campbell Avenue to westbound Plainview Road and new right turn lane for northbound Campbell Avenue to eastbound Plainview Road
- Add dual left-turn lanes on Plainview Road onto Campbell Avenue
- Build a new right-in/right-out intersection on the west side of Campbell Avenue at Bryant Street north of Plainview Road
- Replace traffic signals at Campbell Avenue/Plainview Road intersection
Cost: $3.9 million
Partnership project between MoDOT and the City of Springfield
Give us your comments on this project!