Map of entire project (PDF)
Map of Independence Street intersection (PDF)
Related News Releases:
Luster Avenue CLOSED North of Republic Road
Construction: April 21 until November 2014
- Add an additional lane in each direction on Glenstone Avenue between Battlefield Road and James River Freeway (Route 60)
- Add dual right-turn lane from westbound James River Freeway offramp to northbound Glenstone Avenue
- Modify three intersections:
- Independence Street will become a four-legged intersection. Republic Road on the east side of Glenstone Avenue will be rerouted along Luster Avenue to Independence Street.
- The entrance to the east outer road at Peele Street will be closed and relocated north of the intersection. When the project is complete, the entrance to the east outer road will be right-in and right-out only on Glenstone Avenue.
- The Republic Court on the west side of Glenstone Avenue will become a right-in/right-out entrance and the traffic signal will be removed.
Traffic Impacts During Construction
- Nighttime lane closings between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Business entrances may be closed one-half at a time or narrowed. However, drivers will be able to get into and out of businesses along Glenstone Avenue.
Project cost: $12 million (estimate)
Partnership project: City of Springfield and Greene County
Give us your comments on this project!
For more information, contact our Southwest District Office at 1.888.275.6636 .