KANSAS CITY, Mo. - "Listening Sessions" designed to gather information to help the Missouri Department of Transportation determine priorities for Missouri's transportation system into the future are scheduled for March 12, 13 and 14 in Kansas City.
This public engagement effort known as "On the Move" is part of MoDOT's process to update its long-range transportation plan. Over the next several months, MoDOT will seek direction from Missourians in Listening Sessions, a mobile tour and virtual forums.
The Listening Sessions scheduled for March 12, 13 and 14 will be co-hosted by Brenner Holland, General Manager-Residential Development for Hunt Midwest, the University of Missouri-Kansas City, and the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, respectively.
Leaders in business, local government and community organizations will participate in the Listening Sessions as will the general public.
The Listening Sessions will feature information about the existing transportation system and will offer participants a chance to provide their views during small-group discussions. Dan Niec, the District Engineer for MoDOT's Kansas City District, will give a short presentation.
The sessions are open to the public; however, seating is limited.
Please reserve a seat with an RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.missourionthemove.org.
The RSVP deadline is noon the day before each session.
You do not have to attend a Listening Session to have a say in the transportation planning process. You may submit your views through the special On the Move website: www.missourionthemove.org.
Tuesday, March 12
* Where: KCI Expo Center, Ambassador Room, 11730 NW Ambassador Drive, Kansas City, Mo. 64153
* When: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* Co-Host: Brenner Holland, Hunt Midwest, General Manager-Residential Development
* RSVP by noon Monday, March 11, by emailing email@example.com or visiting www.missourionthemove.org.
Wednesday, March 13
* Where: University of Missouri-Kansas City, Atterbury Student Success Center, Pierson Auditorium, 5000 Holmes Street, Kansas City, Mo. 64110
* When: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Co-Host: University of Missouri-Kansas City
* RSVP by noon Tuesday, March 12, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.missourionthemove.org.
Thursday, March 14
* Where: Union Station, Chamber Board Room, 30 West Pershing Road, Kansas City, Mo. 64108
* When: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Co-Host: Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
* RSVP by noon Wednesday, March 13, by emailing email@example.com or visiting www.missourionthemove.org.