If a company is an approved prime contractor with a current questionnaire on file, or has worked as a subcontractor for MoDOT in the last five years, they may work as a subcontractor provided they have a current Certificate of Insurance on file with us.
If a company is neither a current prime contractor and has not performed subcontracting work for MoDOT in the past then they must follow the below process to become an approved subcontractor.
Vendor To Be Registered as a Subcontractor
A vendor who wishes to become an approved subcontractor with MODOT, must submit the following information:
- A letter on company letter head stating your request to become an approved subcontractor. Please include your address, telephone number, fax number, email address and contact name.
- List of Equipment - Please list the make and model of equipment. (i.e. 2005 John Deere 200 CLC excavator.)
- Work History - Please submit a list of completed similar projects showing the contract amount, type of work, when completed, location, and project owner.
- Letter of reference from their bank - In the letter from the bank state reputation of contractor with the banking establishment, how long you have been with this bank, and character of the company.
- Secretary of State – Please attach a copy of the organization’s current annual registration report on file with the Corporation Division of the Missouri Secretary of State’s Office. Link: Secretary of State
- Certificate Of Liability Insurance – Please submit a Certificate Of Liability Insurance with limits stated in Sec 107.13 of the Missouri Standard Specification For Highway Construction. Link: Specification Sec. 107
- Transient Certificate – Please show registration as a Transient Employer with the Department of Revenue if your company is out-of-state. Link: Dept. of Revenue
This information can be mailed to:
Missouri Department of Transportation
PO Box 270
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Fax to: 660-385-6678
Email to: Christina.Teter@modot.mo.gov
If you have any questions regarding the documentation listed above, contact Christina Teter at 573-751-8305.